For provider assistance, please click on the options below and follow the instructions provided. Most options have a self-service feature that can help you effectively and efficiently address your questions.
To resolve a claim issue the following options are available:
- Call the Customer Service number on the back of the member's insurance card or on the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) / Provider Remittance Advice (PRA).
- If the claim was not processed correctly, in-network clinicians and groups can log in and file a Claim Adjustment Request via the Claim Inquiry transaction. The Claim Inquiry training module can be accessed on the Training page for instructions.
- If the claim was submitted with inaccurate information, in-network clinicians and groups can log in and file a Corrected claim (or Void a claim) via the Claim Entry transaction. You can locate an overview of this on our Training page.
- Access the Claim Inquiry/Adjustment Request Form and mail it to the address listed on the EOB/PRA form.
- Contact a claims representative via Provider Express's Live Chat (for registered users) by logging in and going to Claim Inquiry (or My Submitted Claims, if the claim was submitted online). Locate the claim and towards the upper right on either "detail" page (above the member's ID #), click the link "Have questions about claim status?" to access Claims Live Chat. If you cannot locate the claim, then click the "Cannot locate claim status?" link on any of the claim pages.
Network Management is responsible for developing and maintaining the Optum network of providers. For questions regarding participation in our network, credentialing, or your provider record, please select from the options below:
To submit a demographic change request online, log in by using your Provider Express registered user name and password, and then select "My Practice Info". Please allow up to 5 business days for your request to be completed. For more information or to get a User ID, click the "First-time User" link at the top of this page.
To change tax identification information or add another practice location with a different TIN, access the Add / Update / Inactivate Tax ID online form.
If you are a TennCare Provider, please use the Clinician Add/Change Application paper form and fax the completed form to Network Management for your state (see "Network Management Contact Information" below).
To submit your Clinician Add/Change Form or forms from the Join Our Network section, or for all other network questions, please contact Network Management by choosing your state below.
Website Technical Support
For questions about using the site, issues with requesting a user ID and password, or for technical issues, call the Provider Express Support Center at 1 866-209-9320 (toll-free) from 8 A.M. to 10 P.M. Eastern time, or click below to chat with a tech support representative online.
PLEASE NOTE: CHAT IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR WEBSITE TECHNICAL SUPPORT