Behavioral Health Clinical Practice Guidelines
The following Best Practice Guidelines were approved for use by the Utilization Management Committee (formerly the Behavioral Policy & Analytics Committee and the Clinical Policy & Operations Committee) on March 29, 2005, and were readopted on March 27, 2006; March 26, 2007; March 24, 2008; March 23, 2009; March 22 2010; March 28, 2011; March 26, 2012, March 19, 2013; January 21, 2014; January 20, 2015; March 14, 2017; February 9, 2018, February 12, 2019 and February 17, 2020.
American Psychiatric Association (APA) Clinical Practice Guidelines: Click here
- The American Psychiatric Association Practice Guideline for the Pharmacological Treatment of Patients With Alcohol Use Disorder (2018)
- The American Psychiatric Association Practice Guideline on the Use of Antipsychotics to Treat Agitation or Psychosis in Patients With Dementia (2016)
- The American Psychiatric Association Practice Guidelines for the Psychiatric Evaluation of Adults (2015)
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) Practice Parameters: Click here
- Autism (2014)
- Eating Disorders (2015)
- Reactive Attachment Disorders (2016)
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs/Department of Defense (VA/DoD) Clinical Practice Guidelines: Click here
- UPDATE: Assessment and Management of Patients at Risk for Suicide (2019)
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) (2016)
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (2017)
- Substance Use Disorder (SUD) (2015)
Per the guideline developers, certain guidelines are no longer considered current, or are in the process of being updated.