KanCare Autism Program
Optum assumed management of the autism waiver program benefits for KanCare (managed care program for Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program [CHIP]) members with coverage through UnitedHealthcare Community Plan effective January 1, 2013.
Effective January 1, 2017, KanCare Medicaid Autism/ABA is covered under the Kansas state wide Medicaid plan.
To learn more about the process for applying to the network and the clinical protocols your participation in this unique network would require you to follow, please review the materials below.
- KanCare Autism Program Provider Orientation
- KanCare Autism Program Provider
- KanCare Autism Program Provider Quick Reference Guide
- KanCare Autism Program Plan of Care
- For Autism Waiver or dual services authorizations, please continue to submit the form below via fax to the local Kansas Medicaid team at 855-268-9392
- KanCare Autism Program Authorization Request Form
- For ABA only authorizations, please submit requests online at: https://optumpeeraccess.secure.force.com/ABAtreatment/
Contact Us/Request to Join the Network:
J.T. Van Ryswyk, Specialty Network Manager