- Optum Pay overview video (coming soon)
- Visit Optum PayTM
- Key Acronyms and Definitions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Optum Pay User Guide
Today's health care environment doesn't afford the luxury of wasted time or waiting longer than necessary to be paid. Which is why you need to enroll in Optum Financial Services' Optum Pay, formerly known as Electronic Payments & Statements (EPS).
With Optum Pay, claim* payments are deposited directly into your bank account as soon as possible. That shortens your revenue cycle, which can make running a successful business a whole lot easier.
Now with an added layer of security, claims payments made by electronic funds transfer from health plans can only be deposited directly into your designated bank---and only withdrawn by you.
Even better, Optum Pay can dramatically shorten your revenue cycle. In fact, you may be paid five to seven days faster than by paper checks received through regular mail. And that leaves you more time to do the things that will help grow your practice.
To enroll by phone call 877.620.6194 (7:00 am to 6:00 pm CST Monday – Friday). Or click the button on the right to get started today.
*At this time, all claims except older PBH claims are eligible for Optum Pay.
|A quick comparison between the two electronic payment options
|ACH Direct Deposit (Optum Pay)||VIrtual Card Payment (VCP)|
1. Enroll in Optum Pay and select ACH direct deposit
2. Receive email notifications when payments are deposited
3. 835/ERA are available the same day for auto-posting or save, view or print remittance advice and post payments manually from the Optum Pay webpage
1. Enroll in VCP. You’ll receive card number(s) in the mail with activation instructions (future payment notices delivered by email)
2. Redeem payment using the standard “card not present” transaction
3. 835/ERA are available the same day for auto-posting or view or print remittance advice and post payments manually from OptumBank.com
• Receive payments and remittances five to seven days faster than with paper
• No credit card processing fees applied
• Reduced risk of lost, misrouted and stolen checks
• Potentially eliminate bank lock box fees.
• Money is deposited directly into the account(s) you designate
• Payments and remittances can be separated by NPI and/or payer
• This is a one-way transaction---payments and other monies cannot be taken out by Optum
• Credit card processing fees apply (confirm with your merchant processor)
Optum Pay services are administered through Optum Bank and include both ACH/Direct Deposit and Virtual Card Payment options.